There is one place in Vietnam that Swiss passport holders do not need to obtain a valid visa to visit. It is Phu Quoc Island.
So, what are conditions to get Vietnam visa exemption for Swiss citizens to Phu Quoc?
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months since your arrival date;
- You must have a round trip air ticket to and from Phu Quoc. The onward destination after Phu Quoc can be any other destination except Vietnam. Flights can be either direct to Phu Quoc or transiting through one Vietnam’s other international airports with the final destination being Phu Quoc.
- Your stay on the island must be less than 30 days.
Otherwise, Swiss passport holders will need a valid visa to Vietnam. In this case, it can be obtained in either of the two following ways:
- Obtain a visa via Vietnam embassy; OR
- Obtain a visa on arrival.
A full comparison between these 2 ways of visa application can be found at http://vietnamvisa.ch/how-to-distinguish-voa-and-vietnam-visa-at-embassy/.